Here’s a random collection of interesting things that I add to as I stumble across them, or as people recommend new and interesting things to me. Got any to share?
- Free DNS – the site afraid.org allows you to register subdomains underneath domains that belong to other people?! It’s great for testing all sorts of crazy things.
- Dropbox (referral link) – I’ve used Dropbox since they first started, and this referral link will give you 500MB of extra storage on the free Basic plan!
- Cloud9 – this is a cloud based sharing and collaboration service. A friend showed me how he uses it to keep SSH sessions open and accessible from multiple devices.
- Best Practices on Hardening (or something) – stumbled across this Trello board (and you should check out Trello if you haven’t already) with various hardening tips.
- Pairings in Crypto & Dan Boneh – a great YouTube clip from Dan Boneh who is an amazing crypto lecturer at Stanford University. Watch this for speculation on P256.
- Kryptonite – someone recently showed me this seemingly cool looking authentication app for SSH access and key management.
- IOHK Research Library – an interesting collection of research papers covering cryptography, cryptocurrencies, blockchain, and other such related topics.
- Weak ECDSA Signatures in Bitcoin – a great write up here of some of the risks of using weak random numbers in the ECDSA process for signing transactions.